Fun Christmas party activities
The possibilities for Christmas party activities are endless, you can tailor the activities to the age and interests of your guests to make the party even more fun.
The key to planning a fun Christmas party is to provide activities that will engage and entertain your guests. Choose activities that fit the interests and abilities of your guests and that will help everyone get into the Christmas spirit.
Here are a few fun Christmas party activities that you can try:
- Christmas movie trivia: Divide guests into teams and have them answer questions about popular Christmas movies.
- Build-a-gingerbread-house: Provide pre-made gingerbread house kits and a variety of candies and decorations for guests to create their own gingerbread houses.
- White elephant gift exchange: Have each guest bring a wrapped gift to the party, and then have everyone take turns selecting a gift from the pile. Each time a new gift is selected, the person who chose it can either keep the gift or swap it for another one that has already been opened.
- Christmas carol karaoke: Set up a karaoke machine and have guests take turns singing their favorite Christmas carols.
- Hot chocolate bar: Set up a hot chocolate bar with a variety of toppings, such as marshmallows, candy canes, and chocolate chips, for guests to add to their hot chocolate.
- Secret Santa: Have each guest draw the name of another guest and then give a small gift to that person during the party.
- Christmas cookie decorating: Provide sugar cookie dough, icing, and a variety of sprinkles and candies for guests to decorate their own Christmas cookies.
- Christmas scavenger hunt: Create a list of Christmas-themed items and have teams of guests search for the items around the party space.
- North Pole-themed photo booth: Set up a photo booth area with a backdrop and props that have a North Pole or winter wonderland theme.
- Christmas card-making station: Provide a variety of art supplies, such as markers, stickers, and glitter, for guests to make their own Christmas cards.
- Christmas-themed trivia: Divide guests into teams and have them answer questions about Christmas history, traditions, and trivia.
- Build-a-snowman contest: If you have access to real snow, have guests build their own snowmen and then vote on the best one. If not, provide materials such as cotton balls, buttons, and hats for guests to create their own snowmen out of.
- Ugly Christmas sweater contest: Encourage guests to wear their ugliest Christmas sweater and then vote on the winner.
- Christmas karaoke: Set up a karaoke machine and have guests take turns singing their favorite Christmas songs.
- Christmas charades: Divide guests into teams and have them act out Christmas-themed words and phrases.
- Christmas craft station: Provide materials such as popsicle sticks, glue, and glitter for guests to make their own Christmas crafts.
- Christmas movie watching: Set up a TV and have guests watch a favorite Christmas movie together.
- Christmas-themed board games: Provide a variety of board games with a Christmas theme, such as "Elf on the Shelf" or "The Night Before Christmas," for guests to play.
With Save The Date app you can easly invite your family and friends to your Christmas party and ask them to Rsvp - Create your event for free!